3D Scene analysis & line of sight
Today, advances in technology make it easier than ever before to determine the information that should be recorded at the scene of an accident or any other area of interest.
Here at Advanced Simtech, we use 3-Dimensional laser scanning in order to gain a clear interpretation of a scene, creating an image based on everything captured within sight of the laser.
By repeating the scan from several positions before merging the resulting data, we are able to provide a comprehensive 3-Dimensional model of the scene, accurate to +/- 3 mm.
This provides investigators with the ability to effectively revisit the original scene for further spatial analysis or to collect additional data via their computer screen. What’s more, this data can then be accurately merged with any initial survey data captured at the scene.
How can the data be used
The 3-Dimensional models produced can be used:
- To create detailed scene plans, complementing the existing 2-Dimensional survey data.
- To allow investigators to view the scene from different angles – useful for confirming witness statements and checking what could be seen from any particular location.
- For presentation in court – colour information collected as part of the scanning process can be added in order to generate photo-realistic models to aid the jury in understanding the evidence being presented.
- For obtaining accurate measurements, even post-event.
- CCTV overlay and positioning
- 3D interactive models
- Blood Spatter analysis
- Bullet trajectories in 3D alignment
With ever increasing applications, specialized software and highly advanced methodologies; contact Advanced Simtech today to find out how we could benefit your organization.
Contact us now on
+44 (0)1789 264 782
for more information on our services.
If you have any questions about any of our specialist engineering services including Occupant Biomechanics, Vehicle Safety Systems such as restraints and airbags, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Vehicles or 3D Data Capture and Processing, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our knowledgeable, professional, and experienced team is always on hand to answer any of your questions.Alscot Estate, Atherstone Hill, Atherstone on Stour
Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 8NF
Tel: +44 (0) 1789 264 782
Advanced Simtech Ltd.
Send Us A Message
Advanced Simtech is an privately owned engineering consultancy specialising in the areas of human biomechanics, vehicle safety and real world accident reconstruction.